Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My cervix: the bane of doctors everywhere

Wow, amnio is a lot easier than CVS. They had to try the transvaginal route because of the location of the placenta, and, as you may recall, my cervix is extremely challenging. I'd kind of thought/hoped that since I am now 10w2d, my uterus might have come up a bit and straightened things out. Alas: mangling still occurred. Two passes were needed. And she only got the edge of the placenta, meaning the gobs of blood in the syringe were mostly from my uterus. Thus, the CVS may not even work.

And now I'm having some bleeding. I think this is probably because my uterine lining was messed with, but it is still worrisome. If it keeps up, I will call. I ordered a home doppler and just tried it out this morning, and I couldn't find the heartbeat. Now, I'd just seen the heartbeat a half hour before, but this still worries me, too, of course.

For now, I'm going to lie down and relax and hope that everything is okay.

1 comment:

Hopeful Mother said...

Here's hoping that there is no bleeding and the hb is easier to find next time...!

Relaxing always sounds like a good idea. You've got a lot on your plate at the moment.