Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Off the road (briefly)

Well, friends, the past few weeks have been hectic.  On our trip to California, we got stuck overnight in Denver and majorly delayed the next day because of mechanical issues.  Once we arrived, the rental-car people tried to cheat me (and failed -- ha!) and all of our luggage was MIA for an hour, then miraculously appeared.  We drove up to Sonoma at peak rush-hour traffic, only to find upon arriving that the bag containing my stuff and's stuff was back at our house.  My husband drove the whole way back to get it that night.  Things have gone more smoothly since.

There's been lots of unpacking, and I flew back to the Midwest and drove the dog back to SF, arriving yesterday.  We leave again tomorrow for a wedding in Colorado.  As of Sunday, though, we'll be here for real and can settle in.

I have no idea how F.ranz is doing.  I've been too afraid to try the Doppler.  I know, weird.  My boobs still hurt and I feel very nauseated late in the day, so I'm hoping that's good.  I did have some noticeable cramping yesterday, however.  I'm trying to get a doctor's appointment for next week or the week after so I can get an ultrasound.  I joined an SCH group online, which helps, even though not all of the stories end happily.

So, in short: new house is great; dog is confused; is great. sucks -- don't order anything from them.  Just trust me on that.

Update: I finally broke out the Doppler. appears to be in there for the time being -- heartrate in the low 150s.  That's lower than what he had a couple of weeks ago but still seems normally.


nancy said...

I've been waiting for your return. Sorry about your overnight episode in denver - you could have called me (if you were psychic) and I could have pulled an all nighter with you. :)

I've been waiting for any news of franz. Your story stuck with me during my own CVS yesterday and I am hoping and praying that sch is getting smaller and smaller.

I know I'll get those results tomorrow and it can't come soon enough. And then I find out I have a velamentouscord insertion which proves to be a whole new set of problems. Oy vey.

Anywho, give us an update on the baby when you can. I have been checking via doppler every few hours just in case.

Jess said...

I'm glad you're back.

The doppler was the best thing I ever did. I used it EVERY DAY after we had the bleeding. Or practically every day. I used it the day before Ethan came home even. Probably righ tbefore we went the hospital, but I don't remember.

I hope that your clot is getting smaller. And that you get into the doc soon! Good luck! Thinking of you!

singletracey said...

I am so glad you posted. I was beginning to worry.

Happy you made it to CA safe and sound. Hopefully after the weekend wedding, you can relax and enjoy your new surroundings :-)

TLB said...

Glad Franz is hanging in there. My doc told me the heartrate would occasionally go up or down, that in fact it's a good sign if it doesn't stay the same all tbuf2trhe time.