Saturday, July 05, 2008

For those keeping score at home...

...I'm still bleeding occasionally, but I think it looks like older blood, and it's fairly diluted by CM (thank you, I'll be TMIing here all week). Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it's what I've got. I keep reminding myself that the doctor emphasized that the blood in the clot has to come out somehow, and that all evidence suggests that this is blood that is disintegrating. Still hard to see blood of any type while pregnant.

I found some stories online where people had SCHs that were, like, 12cm long. So I'm grateful mine ain't like that.

Off to throw ourselves a going-away party. (Don't worry -- we bought cheese trays and the like from the local grocery store, and I am not expending any effort whatsoever.)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Just found your blog and had to delurk to say that I had a SCH when I was pregnant with my daughter (who is now 5 - so obviously it turned out ok). My dr was pretty pessimistic saying it was pretty big and if it broke loose, we could lose the baby, etc. I had some bright red bleeding when I was 10 weeks pregnant that scared us but it did work out just fine, so hand in there. From what I've heard since, it's not all that uncommon. Good luck. I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me.

statia said...

I had one too. I think I forgot to mention that in the last comment I made, but I had one with the Mini. Mine wasn't nearly as bad, but there it was in all its glory, freaking me out.

Don't eat too much cheese, or you'll be eating a pallet of oat bran muffins to go with your Z0fran.

singletracey said...

I am staying positive that this is all okay and it seems to be that way from the outside. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend!

YEAH for another boy! I never knew that about transfers... INTERESTING!!!