So my bleeding got heavier, and I went back to the clinic. Let's start with the good news: the baby still has a heartbeat, and the clot that they found behind the placenta is small.
The bad news: if the clot expands, it could cause a miscarriage. This was definitely caused by the CVS.
I hadn't wanted to wait for an amnio (or -- god forbid -- skip such tests altogether) to see if we had any chromosomal issues, so this is 100% my fault. I don't usually pray, but I am praying a LOT right now in the hopes that this clot resolves on its own in the next couple of days.
I go back on Thursday for another scan.