Friday, June 08, 2007

Pardon me, but did you call my baby a girl?


Pictured above is So.ren on his outing to the bakery yesterday. I think I overstimulated him, since he wasn't that into feeding or napping later in the day. And at the height of his freaking out, the tornado sirens went off, and we had to go to the basement. So.ren was displeased. He ended up chilling out, though he was wide awake at four a.m., which I informed him was not helpful.

Today, we had a more limited schedule. We went to the grocery store, where the teenaged clerk asked how old "she" was. I suppose So.ren's practical, gender-neutral clothing is masking his undeniable masculinity. We also took a walk. For the first time, I had to control both the dog and the stroller. It was a bit of a catastrophe, but it will improve, I suppose.

We also tried the side-lying feeding position again today with a bit more success than before. I hope to add this to my repertoire soon, opening up tens of minutes of potential napping.

1 comment:

Jane Roper said...

God, he's beautiful. And I mean that in the most masculine sense of the word.

People always mistake Clio for a boy when she's wearing gender-neutral clothes. Although the other day she was wearing a flowered shirt and blue pants and someone thought she was a boy because of the blue pants. (?)

The side lying nursing thing is the bomb. Takes a little while for everyone to get the hang of it, but it's great for middle of the night feedings.