Monday, April 28, 2008

The best thing about that trip is that it's over

If I tell you that I plan to take So.ren by myself on another plane flight, just go ahead and lock me in a padded room. There will be NO MORE FLYING SOLO WITH BABIES around here. Being a prodigy, So.ren has already, at 11 months, learned to throw tantrums, shake his head no, and attempt to do every single thing I don't want him to do (e.g., grab coiffed white hair of old lady in front of us), and all of these skills were on full display. At one point, I stood up with him in the back of the plane by the bathrooms for 50 minutes. Good times. I also shed a few tears during that period, I am embarrassed to admit.

Also, my fingers appeared to bloat up a bit - either from something related to travel or from the Es.trace - and I could NOT get my ring off of my right hand for about 36 hours. It hurt. Finally, I yanked it (and some skin) off today, and the world is looking much rosier.

On deck for this week: ultrasound on Friday, followed by driving to Chicago with So.ren. At least if he's shrieking the whole time, we won't be bothering anyone else.

2 comments:

TLB said...

Are you going to be in Chi-town this weekend? I'm coming in too. Let me know if you have free time for lunch or something.

Anonymous said...

At least he is super cute. :)