Friday, January 23, 2009

Miscellany

I forgot to mention that when I went in on Wednesday, they told me I was having contractions.  I had no idea.  I would notice a lot of movement from the baby, but I didn't realize that it was a contraction.  I'd been feeling that sort of thing for a couple of days, so presumably it was very early labor or prodromal labor or whatever it's called.  So I didn't totally miss out on the entire labor experience, I suppose.

We have finally decided on a name: Seb.astian Mey.er.  We just liked the first name, and Me.yer was my grandmother's maiden name.  Sore.n came by to meet him last night and did correctly identify him as "baby brother" but was far more interested in the free crackers and water available here.  Seb.astian slept through the whole visit.

I am now in pumping bootcamp again.  Like S.oren, Se.bastian is a natural eater with a great latch and a strong suck, which is all good, but my supply still seems to be lagging.  I am much less stressed by the whole thing this time, though.  If he has to get some supplementing early, then no big deal.  I will still work on maxing out my supply and breastfeeding as long as possible.   Awaiting a visit from the lactation consultant here.  Apparently, they focus on first-time mothers, but I am demanding assistance and advice as well.

Photos to come when my wireless connection improves....

8 comments:

Jess said...

Sorry you're having to work so har at the BFing, but it sounds as if you're in a good place!! Keep on keeping on!!

Glad Soren didn't just smack the crap out of him, at least! :)

Later....he will. Promise! lol

Hopeful Mother said...

Love the name. Well done!

Yeah, I had the same thing happen when I went in for my scheduled c/s with the twins. They put me on the monitor and said "hey, did you know that you're having contractions?"

Um, no.

Funny, huh?

Thalia said...

love the name. It's on my list but H doesn't like it sadly

Sweetie, how can your supply be lagging, you are on what, day 2? You're only supposed to have colostorum at this point...

Jamie said...

Love the name!! :)

So glad that all of you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I love the name!

I am sure the breastfeeding will work itself out with time.

Alex said...

Congratualtions!! Love the name :)

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congratulations! The name was worth our wait.

Best wishes to the whole family.

singletracey said...

CONGRATS!!! I love the name :-)