Monday, January 19, 2009

39w1d and feeling kind of funny

Is wooziness a sign of impending labor?  I've been feeling woozy the past day or so.  Maybe I need to eat more iron or protein or Cost.co brand brownie bites.  I'm very much hoping not to be going into labor, however, since I still have much to accomplish.   We got some shelves built last week, which was a HUGE accomplishment, permitting us to unpack the remaining 16 boxes of books we had cluttering our home office.  My brother assembled our double stroller and fixed our coffee table yesterday, but I still need to do about 100 things.  I also would prefer that Fra.nz be born when we have a new president.  

My sleep has gone to shit the past couple of nights but will still, of course, be better than what is about to come.  My abdomen is suddenly WAY out in front of me -- the baby hasn't dropped, but I feel as if I am going to tip forward most of the time.  Shirts cannot contain my belly.  I feel empathy  for men with beer guts.

This morning, I got pulled over for apparently not stopping completely at a stop sign.  As usual, I did not try to get out of it, since I probably did it.  For once, though, this paid off -- the guy let me go without a ticket precisely because I did NOT deny it or ask for leniency.  It really must be the dawn of a new era here in America.

If I remember, I'll take a belly shot and upload it here later on.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good luck!! Soon soon soon! :D