I talked to a nurse at the IVF clinic today, and here's our tentative plan:
- Get preliminary ultrasound on 4/1 to check condition of uterus.
- When period arrives in mid-April, start Es.trace 2x/day.
- 4-5 days after period, get laminaria placed, left in place for four hours, then removed, leaving a much more agreeable cervix to work with.
- 2-3 weeks into the Es.trace-taking, get an ultrasound to check lining.
- Up the Es.trace to 3x/day, add PIO or suppositories, which they say have now been proven to be as effective or nearly as effective as the shots.
- Tentative FET date: 5/9 (a Friday, so my husband could potentially be there).
- Four hours before FET, gobble ibuprofen; one hour before FET, take Bus.par and Dem.erol; feel happy.
- Dive back into the 2ww!
Mmmmmm.....I can just taste the hope and despair already!