Thursday, November 15, 2007

Six months

So.ren turned six months old yesterday. All I can say about that is: holy shit. One of my friends had told me that the reason everyone says kids get really fun at six months is because that's when they truly start to have a personality, and I think that must be true. Sore.n has lots of personality now, as well as lots of drool (pictured).



Tomorrow, I'm heading to Chicago for work, and then I'm going from there to NYC for the weekend, since I have a meeting there on Monday. That's four days without my little fellow. I'll miss him, but I'm interested to see whether my change of venue(s) results in any insomnia improvement. I had acupuncture done yesterday and then had a pretty good night of sleep last night, but it's too soon for me to claim any causality there.

Our families will be here next week for Thanksgiving. I haven't given any thought to the meal. I did make So.ren a bunch of pureed sweet potatoes, so I suppose I could defrost ice-cube-sized portions for our guests if needed.

5 comments:

Emmie said...

You always crack me up. How did So.ren like the sweet potatoes? I'm planning to make my first batch this weekend for the boys. They turned 6 months last week, and I'm wondering if I'm behind on the whole solid food thing. They've been eating cereal and oatmeal twice a day for the past 3 weeks now. They're not too crazy about it but the humour me.

twirl said...

I can't believe he's so big already!

Have a great time on your trip. Hope the sleep thing gets better.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I can't believe that he is already 6 months old. What a great picture!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and keeps getting cuter!

PJKM said...

I have to say, So.ren is like a mini BH - in a good way! He is a very handsome little boy.