Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Okay, this blows

Night 2 of sleep conditioning looked promising - we stayed up later than usual, and then I was falling asleep while reading. But whenever I turned off the light to go to sleep officially, I would become overwrought with anxiety about sleeping.

So I got up and moved downstairs. Eventually, probably around midnight, I fell asleep on the couch. I then woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, despite trying more of the reading-until-falling-asleep thing. The anxiety was overwhelming.

So now I feel extremely tired, anxious, and on the verge of sobbing, and I have no appetite. Awesome! Maybe this will just drive me to become so tired that I'll have no choice but to crash out.

So.ren, meanwhile, has woken up at 6 the past two days instead of 7. He lies in bed making noises until we get him. Fuck Daylight Savings Time! Who needs it? It's screwing with everyone in our household at the moment.

2 comments:

statia said...

We've finally gotten the Mini back on schedule, but man, was that hairy. It didn't affect him last time, but shit, I can't WAIT for spring. He might go to bed later, but I'll take the extra hour in the morning.

Sorry about the sleep. I have some valium, I'll share. I hate that feeling of not being able to sleep.

Meg said...

Ugh S- this all sounds tortuous. I hope it resolves itself too. Daylight savings is kicking our arse too.