Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I am a housewife.

Notice that I did not say stay-at-home mom.  That's because So.ren has started his nanny share, which we lined up for a few reasons: (1) there's lots of openings in good nanny shares this time of year, since one kid is often rolling out to go to preschool, (2) I will be working full-time eventually again, and (3) you're not supposed to suddenly pitch your child into a new childcare arrangement when you have another kid, since kid #1 will be traumatized enough already.  Oh, and (4), I thought it would be good for So.ren to get used to being with another boy all day long (in this case, the boy is older, but sharing knows no age limits).  

But since I'm pregnant, I'm just doing freelance projects.  And not really all that many of them.  So mostly I'm an old-fashioned housewife for the next few months.  While I definitely think being a SAHM is a huge amount of work and equivalent to any outside-the-home job, being a housewife is not really all that justifiable, in my opinion.  Maybe my opinion will change as I come to learn the nuances of this august position.

Tomorrow is my 20-week ultrasound.  I was getting nervous because I felt Fr.anz move for a few days, then not for a couple of days, but then I felt him again this morning.  I am determined to relax as much as possible if I have a good ultrasound.  After all, I can just sit around all day, doing yoga and eating bonbons.

And, hey, I have a sort-of-celebrity due-date buddy!  

No comments: