Wednesday, December 12, 2007


Here's a photo of's second time in the water at the hotel in Mexico. The first time didn't go that poorly, but the second time upset him for some reason. I suppose this is similar to the way in which I tend to find reputedly unpleasant things "not bad at all" the first time I do them, and then I grow to dread them more and more as time wears on until I break out into convulsions at the mere thought of them (examples: Pa.p smears, PIO shots).

Our trip to Cabo for the wedding was very enjoyable, although determined that 5am was an appropriate time to get the day going while on vacation. We did banish him to the bathroom, which was just large enough to hold the pack-n-play but which presented us with some challenges regarding going to the bathroom when he was napping (it wasn't such a big deal in the middle of the night, since he stays asleep better then).

Our trip home was significantly less enjoyable than the trip there. First, shrieked for approximately 30 minutes on the Cabo-to-Dallas leg, and the women (did I say women? I meant skanky bitches) in front of us muttered something to each other about trying a pacifier since it "helps the ears," which I had been doing for about 20 of those 30 minutes. It was a good thing I didn't hear them (only my husband did), or I might have remarked that diet and exercise were good ways to lose weight, YOU HIDEOUS BAGS OF FLESH WITH UGLY PANTS ON. Not only am I saintly, I am also mature.

Anyway, the second less-than-enjoyable point of our return trip was that getting through immigration, customs, and security in Dallas took nearly two hours. That three-hour layover suddenly seemed rather tight. We did successfully get on our next flight, and successfully passed out as soon as we were in motion, and we successfully made it through some rather bumpy parts of the flight with lightning in the distance (I hate flying at night and in bad weather), and soon we successfully landed in the Midwest, where the temperature was...wait for it...70 degrees COLDER than it had been when we left Mexico.

But at least we made it in. Things took a turn for the worse around here yesterday, when an ice storm knocked out our power. I will say that it is really beautiful around here, particularly when viewed from inside.


Heather said...

Glad you had a safe trip and are home! Everyone always has assvice about everything...amazing.

TLB said...

So cute! Sorry he wasn't more cooperative, but hey, at seven months old, no one is. And you got to go to Mexico.

Brando said...

That reminds me of flying back after your wedding. It was 70ish when I left, and 3 when I landed. The inside of the car window iced up when I got inside, and I had to wait 15 minutes for it to get warm enough for the defrost to work.

Sounds like a fun trip. Did S get to meet Sammy Hagar?